“In Person” group classes in Santa Barbara studio
- Tuesdays Sept. 14th-Oct. 19th / 4:00pm-4:45pm
- Tuesdays Oct. 26th-Nov. 30th / 4:00pm-4:45pm
Fee per sessions (6 classes) : $225.-
- Tuesdays Jan. 11th-Feb 15th / 4:00pm-4:45pm
Often times children ages 4 1/2 to 6 have very tiny hands, making it difficult to manage the geography and weight of the piano keyboard. Or perhaps a parent is interested in exploring their child’s musical ability at an early age without the practice demands of private lessons. Historically speaking, students who start in this age group are primed to develop advanced skills in reading, finger technique, ear-training and musicianship with earlier entry into private instruction.
Younger children ages 4 1/2 to 6 learn the fundamentals of the musical language in a fun and playful environment, while participating in small group music lessons with their caregiver.
What we learn through vocalization, repetition, games, and parent-child interaction:
- Introduction to playing on the keyboard
- Solfeggio (do-re-mi)
- Early musical notation
- Early rhythmic patterns
- Develop attention span or instructional focus required in private music lessons
- Upon completion, children can expect to be prepared for next level or advanced entrance into private lessons on piano or other instruments by the age of 6 or older. Younger children are invited to repeat the course until prepared to continue to the proceeding level or private lesson
Students bring their own battery powered keyboard to the class.
Don’t see a schedule that “fits”? Contact our office so we can set something up!